573: Parental Trolling
Title text: They'll pick music and culture that they know annoys you. Building in behavioral easter eggs is a fair retaliation!
Set in the future, a daughter approaches her father playing a music video of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". The daughter insults her father's generation's versions of playing pranks, specifically Rickrolling. The daughter refers to this as "trolling" (also in the title), which is popular jargon for trying to disrupt a person or community via an action to elicit an emotional response.
- The Future
- [Man is sitting at a futuristic desktop computer, and a girl is standing behind him with a portable ultra-thin screen]
- Girl: Hey dad, look at this old music video.
- Video: We're no strangers to love...
- Dad: Wow, you got me.
- Girl: Did your generation really use this to troll people? SO lame. Your generation sucked at pranks.
- Dad: Did we? I once raised a kid with conditioning so her speech centers shut down when she was upset.
- Girl: What? No, you couldn't have bleegle warble yargle arggh!
- Dad: Teehee!
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!