586: Mission to Culture
|Mission to Culture|
Title text: It can't be very MUCH money... they apparently can't even afford a sampler. I mean, with a little remixing, some of this could be kinda good!
Cueball wants to take Megan out for his idea of a cultural experience. The inference is that Megan's culturally impoverished because 'all she ever listens to is techno'. After much griping on various levels, she starts to get into the experience — sort of. The big 'cultural lesson' she [mis-]gleans from the experience is similar to what a sporting aficionado would gain from watching a sports event.
Her observation regards the seating configuration of a typical modern orchestra, in which the violinists all sit audience-left, while the violists, cellists and bassists are on the right.
The title text basically just ices the cake. A sampler is an instrument frequently used in techno music that samples other sounds and plays them back, usually electronically altered. Remixing is a process, also often used in techno, of editing recorded music to get a different sound.
- [Cueball is pulling Megan by the legs. She is holding onto the ground.]
- Cueball: We're getting some culture in you if it kills you.
- Megan: Don't wanna.
- [Cueball is pushing Megan through a door.]
- Cueball: All you listen to is techno.
- Megan: But... the symphony?
- [The couple stand in line between other people.]
- Megan: I think we're the only people here under 60.
- Cueball: Shhh.
- [The couple sit in the audience just before the concert.]
- Megan: The right side is definitely better.
- Cueball: Better?
- Megan: They've all got bigger instruments. I bet they make more money.
- Cueball: *Sigh*