Title text: Hobby: seeing how many menu selections you can get someone to go through before they realize you're not an automated system and/or hang up.
Megan gave her number to Cueball at a party, but now doesn't want to talk to him. Because Megan works with recording voice messages at Verizon, she can with no effort put on the characteristical semi-lifeless tone of professional automated answers, and answer the phone with the "call cannot be completed"-message. Perhaps it was even she who recorded it in the first place.
- [Cueball is standing talking to friend in a chair, who is holding a phone.]
- Cueball: Did you call that hot girl from the party yet?
- Friend: I've been trying.
- Friend: It's weird. I swear I got her the first time. But now it says the number's wrong.
- Cueball: What did you say she did, again?
- Friend: Voice work. At Verizon, I think.
- Friend: Why?
- Cueball: No reason.
- [Megan is talking into a phone, in an italic voice.]
- Megan: We're sorry, your call could not be completed as dialed.
- Friend: Damn.
- Megan: Please check the number and try again.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!