Title text: You should talk to the girl down the hall; I think you'd like her. Lemme know if you find out why she's ordering all those colored plastic balls.
In reality, as children, we often think that when we're adults, we'll somehow definitively feel like adults, but this isn't the case. We may become more responsible and capable over time, but we'll never attain the infallibility we erroneously associated with adults when we were children.
Of course, Cueball actually isn't responsible and capable, since he drifts off to think about the fictional character Batman (who appears in comic books, often considered children's material), in the middle of a serious financial transaction.
- [A man is holding a sheet of paper.]
- Man: Okay, any other concerns before you sign the lease?
- Cueball: I'm concerned that we're sitting here like I'm a responsible adult. I'm pretty sure I stopped growing up in my teens and have been faking ever since.
- Cueball: For god's sake, you're entrusting me with a building. I still make LEGO buildings sometimes.
- Man: Sir, does any of this impact your fulfillment of the lease terms?
- Cueball: I don't know what you just said because I was thinking about Batman.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!