662: iPhone or Droid
|iPhone or Droid|
Title text: It may be a fundamentally empty experience, but holy crap the Droid's 265 ppi screen is amazing.
This comic references the "phone wars" between the iPhone and phone that run the Android system. The third panel references the fact that, officially speaking, the iPhone is a closed system which does not guarantee entry into the official store, yet anyone can acquire an .apk file that will install an app into an Android phone.
Cueball has a point in the second panel. After consuming a lot, would you not want to actually give back to the community that gave you all the ever-fancier toys? Would you not get a pleasure from actually constructing and contributing something yourself? Would you want to feel useful about yourself?
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
- [Megan sitting at her computer is talking to Cueball standing behind her.]
- Megan: Well, it depends what you want. The iPhone wins on speed and polish, but the Droid has that gorgeous screen and physical keyboard.
- Cueball: What if I want something more than the pale facsimile of fulfillment brought by a parade of ever-fancier toys? To spend my life restlessly producing instead of sedately consuming?
- Cueball: Is there an app for THAT?
- Megan: Yeah, on both.
- Megan: Wait, no, looks like it was rejected from the iPhone store.
- Cueball: Droid it is, then.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!