Title text: They laugh now, but within 10 years the city's entire criminal class will have quit to work on space research.
Carl Sagan was an advocate for science, space and SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence). He wrote the book Contact, which was later made into the movie by the same name. While Sagan did not emit anomalous radiation in his lifetime, he did receive acclaim in the field of radiology, namely for using radiation to synthesize amino acids from simpler chemicals.
This comic is parodying Spider-Man, in which Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider to become Spider-Man. In this comic "a radioactive Carl Sagan" turns the person into "Sagan-Man". Apparently, Sagan-Man is able to stop thieves in their tracks by blowing their minds with scientific facts.
The title text implies that Sagan-Man's vivid imagery inspires the entire criminal class to give up their sociopathic ways and turn to space research.
- [Bitten by a radioactive Carl Sagan in 1995, Sagan-Man possesses the powers and abilities of Carl Sagan.]
- Victim, off-panel: Help! Thief!
- [Sagan-Man spins around. A blue cape appears on his back.]
- [Sagan-Man runs towards the direction of the shout.]
- [He encounters the thief, holding a purse.]
- Sagan-Man: Hey, you!
- Thief: What?
- Sagan-Man: Do you realize just how crazy it is that we've BEEN TO THE MOON?
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!