Title text: [Shortly thereafter, at a nearby bakery] ::CRASH:: ::RUMBLE:: ::VRRRRRR:: '... I don't know, officer. It just scooped up an entire rack of scones and drove away!'
SUVs are large personal vehicles with big engines and a huge amount of cargo space, and are notorious gas-guzzlers. The stereotype is that SUV owners drive such massive cars because they're compensating for failures in other parts of their lives, and as an example of conspicuous consumption. Upon hearing Cueball call him an asshole for driving an SUV, Beret Guy, not wanting to appear to be such, trades his SUV in at the dealership for a hybrid subcompact.
Hybrid cars are vehicles that are powered by both gasoline and electrical motors, and in some ways they can be more efficient than gasoline-only powered vehicles. The stereotype is that people drive them so that they can feel superior to others, and that's exactly what Megan says, this time, when Beret Guy happens to drives past them again.
Quite annoyed now, Beret Guy trades in his car again, this time to get a massive construction vehicle and smack them with it. After doing this, he actually does appear quite smug and happy.
In the title text, Beret Guy apparently uses that massive vehicle to smash into a bakery and steal scones, one of Beret Guy's beloved bakery products — reported by an eyewitness to a police officer.
- [A couple watches Beret Guy drive by in an SUV.]
- Cueball: Look at that asshole in his SUV, thinking he's so badass while he guzzles gas driving around suburbia.
- Beret Guy: Oh no! Am I an asshole? I hope not.
- [Beret Guy trades in his keys at the dealership.]
- [Now he is driving by in a hybrid sedan.]
- Megan: Look at that smug asshole thinking he's better than us because he drives a hybrid.
- Beret Guy: ...
- [He trades in his keys again.]
- [The couple is standing.]
- Off-panel: RUMBLE
- [Beret Guy drives a backhoe in and smacks the couple out of the panel with the digger.]
- [He drives off, whistling.]