Title text: It's commonly known that too much perspective can be a downer.
It must be part of the human condition that causes us to think that odd statements are sometimes more humorous than those supposed to be funny. Cueball makes a true statement, that his statement is not very funny. However, because he invoked irony, the sentence is now funny!
Now going meta: In 20,000 years, there might be no more humans on earth to find the irony funny anymore. How ironic!
Also see 33: Self-reference, and 6: Irony.
- When self-reference, irony, and meta-humor go too far
- A CAUTIONARY TALE
- Cueball: This statement wouldn't be funny if not for irony!
- Cueball: ha ha
- Friend: ha ha, I guess.
- 20,000 years later...
- [Desolate badlands landscape with an imposing sun in the sky.]
- "Too much perspective can do that." – Randall
- This is the ninth comic originally posted at livejournal. The previous one was 8: Red Spiders. The next one was 9: Serenity is coming out tomorrow.