Title text: It's commonly known that too much perspective can be a downer.
It must be part of the human condition that causes us to think that odd statements are sometimes more humorous than those supposed to be funny. Cueball makes a true statement, that his statement is not very funny. But! Because he invoked irony, the sentence is now funny! Right?
Now going meta: In 20,000 years, there might be no more humans on earth to find the irony funny anymore. How ironic!
Also see 33: Self-reference, and 6: Irony.
- "Too much perspective can do that." – Randall
- This is the ninth comic originally posted at livejournal. The previous one was 8: Red Spiders. The next one was 9: Serenity is coming out tomorrow.
- Narrator: When self-reference, irony, and meta-humor go too far
- Narrator: A CAUTIONARY TALE
- Man 1: This statement wouldn't be funny if not for irony!
- Man 1: ha ha
- Man 2: ha ha, I guess.
- Narrator: 20,000 years later...
- [desolate badlands landscape with an imposing sun in the sky]
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!