Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Patient Zero is the usual terminology for the first patient tested or infected with an outbreak-style infection.
Also, it seems every zombie movie is rife with terrible mistakes which allow the slowly lurching zombies (or outbreak) to escape and spread. For example, the nurse will look at the chart and not look at the patient and then walk away. The security guard will cross the hall 2 seconds after the zombie has left the doorway.
This sounds more realistic...blast the zombie, destroy the toxin and then go on a date.
- [Two scientists, Cueball and Megan, stand outside a lab. A zombie is visible through the window.]
- The outbreak started with Patient Zero...
- Cueball: He was exposed to toxin X-7—now he's a bloodthirsty monster!
- Megan: Has he been in isolation?
- Zombie: Braaains!
- Cueball: Yes, but I can't hold this door for long!
- Megan: Hang on, I've got a gun in my truck.
- [She runs off.]
- Zombie (through door): <<wham>>
- [Cueball opens the door as Megan shoots through it.]
add a comment!
- And ended with Patient Zero five minutes later.
- Cueball: So, I never got your name. I'm Ryan.
- Megan: Laura.
- The remaining 90 minutes of the movie will be a romantic comedy.
A romantic comedy in which the couple tries to hide evidence of the battered corpse while making out. Would pay to watch. Davidy22[talk] 13:22, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
cueball and megan? the text clearly name the characters as ryan and laura 22.214.171.124 18:48, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- Cueball and Megan are acting in a movie.
- In the transcript, Randall specifically names them as Cueball and Megan. :-) Saibot84 (talk) 02:38, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
- Note that "Cueball" and "Megan" are merely the Explain xkcd names. The official transcript refers to them only as "Man" and "Woman". (Anon) 13 August 2013 126.96.36.199 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- Randall did also use the name Megan, while Cueball is just an invention by interpreters not only here. The names "Ryan and Laura" are just characters in a movie.--Dgbrt (talk) 07:33, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
I love how Ryan is covering his face when he holds the door open. 188.8.131.52 23:27, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- I saw it as trying to plug his ear. Shotguns are loud, especially indoors.Tryc (talk) 14:24, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
I've always considered this a bait and switch. Men would take their reluctant girlfriends on movie dates, somehow manage to get a movie they wanted, and soon find they were had. It is ever so much sweeter this way. Black Hat Productions, in collaboration with Danish Movies, should make this. Anonymous 03:00, 13 December 2013 (UTC)