Title text: This is also one of only five identified situations in which a vuvuzela is actually appropriate.
“Toot my own horn” is an idiom meaning to brag. However, Black Hat takes this literally and toots (blows) an air horn. An air horn is a horn attached to a can of compressed air.
The Vuvuzela is a noise-generating instrument, mainly used for making noise at football matches in South Africa. This comic was published during the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, and the constant buzzing from vuvuzelas throughout the matches attracted attention and controversy.
Those horns like Black Hat shows were mainly used in the seventies and eighties at the last century, not only on Football or Soccer events.
- Cueball: I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I was first in my class at Caltech.
- [Cueball falls backward as Black Hat sounds an air horn in his face.]
- Black Hat: Really? I don't mean to toot my own horn, but
- [A picture of an air horn.]
- Air horns: Worth carrying around your entire life for those few perfect moments.