Title text: It gets worse! You know that wizened old monk with the gypsy wife whose voodoo shop we smash up every day after school?
In this comic, Megan and Rob are horrified to discover that the bones they had dug up and turned into puppets were actually from an ancient Indian burial ground. The joke is that they already seem to know that they were Indian bones, so their origins really shouldn't come as a surprise.
A common trope in horror fiction is that anyone defiling an ancient Indian burial ground will have a horrible curse cast upon them.
The title text expands on this, alluding to more fables of curses cast by monks, gypsies, and voodoo practitioners.
- [Megan running towards Rob.]
- Megan: ROB! ROB!
- Rob: You look terrified! What's wrong?
- Megan: We've made a huge mistake!
- [Both standing in place, Megan has hands up in an explaining gesture.]
- Megan: Remember last week when we dug up all those Indian bones and made puppets out of them?
- Rob: Sure...
- [Megan is throwing her arms out.]
- Megan: It turns out they were buried over an ancient Indian burial ground!
- Rob: Oh my God!