788: The Carriage
Title text: I learned from Achewood that since this poem is in ballad meter, it can be sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island. Since then, try as I might, I haven't ONCE been able to read it normally.
Emily Dickinson is a famous American poet. Grand Theft Auto is a famous computer game series set in contemporary USA, where the player frequently steals cars by grabbing their drivers and throwing them out of the car. Gilligan's Island is a 1960s sitcom with a catchy intro song.
- [The Grim Reaper driving a horse-drawn carriage.]
- Because I could not stop for death
- He kindly stopped for me
- [A woman wearing her hair in a bun grabs Death by the arm and pulls him off the carriage. There is a Y-button symbol in the lower left corner.]
- The carriage held but just oursel--
- Death: Hey!
- [The woman takes off in the carriage, leaving Death in her dust, on the ground.]
- Woman: Hyah!
- [The Grand Theft Auto logo is shown, with the stamp "Emily Dickinson Edition" underneath. There is a picture of stick-Emily, arms crossed, and a scythe next to her.]