Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
[Girl sleeping on her side, facing away from view]
- [Quote from Randall] "I drew this in 11th-grade Spanish class. We were watching a movie and she was asleep on the floor in front of me."
- Original title "Girl sleeping"
- Originally posted at Randall's livejournal site.
- Earliest comic posted on Randall's livejournal site - "8:34 pm" The next comic on livejournal was 4: Landscape (sketch)
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
It feels like the first bunch of comics were just Randall dumping the contents of his sketchbook onto his new site. That shirt though. That shirt. Davidy22[talk] 14:08, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- The incomplete tag is removed by me. Early comics are not on "romance, sarcasm, math, and language", we just have some pictures he did maybe a couple of years before.--Dgbrt (talk) 22:34, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Kids fall asleep all the time, especially around 11th grade, but extremely few do it on the floor. I haven't really seen that. --Quicksilver (talk) 15:55, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
I wonder if the subject ever saw this? It was clearly a pretty-enough girl to motivate Randall to draw this, and I can imagine him being too shy to approach her but he drew this sketch and posted it where millions can see it. Potential romantic comedy plotline here. --Cser