Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
| || |
|−|Unlike its brother Silly Putty, Serious Putty is NOT to be played with. |+|
Silly Putty, is to be played with
| || |
Revision as of 16:32, 12 December 2012
Title text: Not to be confused with Serious PuTTY, the Windows terminal client where everything is in Impact.
This comic is a play on words with the child's putty known as "Silly Putty", which is "silly" because it likes to be played with. Whereas Serious Putty does not even liked to be touched.
As it says in the image text PuTTY is a Windows Terminal client. Impact is a font that is distributed with Windows that is used in all lolcat and other images of that type.
- [Someone is standing next to a table. There is a can on the table.]
- [The label on the can reads, "Serious Putty".]
- [The person is looking at the table again.]
- [They reach out to touch the can. The can speaks.]
- Can: Don't touch me.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
A full four pounds of silly putty becomes pretty serious when it falls on your head. Just sayin' Davidy²²[talk] 09:57, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
This comic has been out for six years now and still nobody has actually implemented Silly PuTTY, c'mon guys... 18.104.22.168 22:57, 25 September 2016 (UTC)
- Any recent version of PuTTY can function as Serious PuTTY. You just have to enable the option “Allow selection of variable-pitch fonts”. TisTheAlmondTavern 15:00, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- Notwithstanding, considerable respect will go to whosoever produces a version of PuTTY where this is the default case 22.214.171.124 15:00, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
Silly Putty got its name partly because it is made of silicones, which were new materials in the 1950s when this stuff was first sold. 126.96.36.199 19:28, 21 October 2016 (UTC)