Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
After extensive research, Cueball shows Megan a chart depicting the relationship between sexual arousal and consecutive vowels, showing that a high amount of consecutive vowels will make someone much more sexually aroused. Megan says she doesn't get it, but Cueball interrupts her with "queueing", a word with 5 consecutive vowels. Megan dramatizes this by immediately asking for sex with "FUCK ME NOW." The title text shows that Cueball is fearful that there may be a voyeur peeking at them, but as "voyeur" has 4 consecutive vowels if "y" is considered a vowel, Cueball is turned on as well.
The word "queueing" is not recognized by most spellcheckers, but is a spelling that refers to queueing theory, the study of queues. The present tense of queue should actually be "queuing".
- Cueball: I was running a factor analysis on this huge database, and check out what it found:
- [Cueball holds up the chart.]
- [A graph plotting "sexual arousal" against "consecutive vowels." The trendline is a smooth exponential curve.]
- Megan: Huh? This chart makes no sense. What--
- Cueball: "Queueing"
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
- [Megan grabs Cueball.]
- Megan: FUCK ME NOW.
Present tense, or gerund? -- IronyChef (talk) 14:52, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
I always thought the voyeur reference was to the statistical voyeurism is http://xkcd.com/563/
I don't think y is a vowel in that word. 126.96.36.199 05:17, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
- Y is always a vowel.188.8.131.52 15:21, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- No --JSekula71 (talk) 05:33, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- From the grammatical point of view, “y” is a vowel. If you would look at the pronunciation point of view then even “queue” is read /kjuː/ and therefore has only one vowel. STEN (talk) 19:53, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- Depends on barely audiable differences in pronunciation (vowel in voy-eur and consonant in vo-yeur). Would have to be voy-e-yor for every writen vow to be pronounced distinct from the others, though. Equally kyu-e-oo-ee. -- 184.108.40.206 17:52, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Y has to be a vowel here or it's not funny ~JFreund
I don't know if it's related, but 'queue' is the french word for 'tail', and it's slang for dick. Queueing sounds like 'queuter', which is slang for 'to fuck'. Bonob (talk) 14:30, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- So THAT's why the French are lovers, not fighters! Anonymous 04:30, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Seems to me the explanation does a pretty good job explaining. as the incomplete did not include a specific reason, I deleted it. Anonymous 06:51, 10 January 2014 (UTC)
Isn't it related to the kind of long scream containing long string of vowels during climax ? 220.127.116.11 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
I'm slightly worried that Cueball has a (huge) database containing data on sexual arousal and consecutive vowels, such that they can be plotted against each other.... --Pudder
) 15:39, 9 October 2014 (UTC)