Title text: 'Whoa, twenty-two in two hours!' 'Your site got twenty-two hundred hits in two hours?' 'No. Twenty-two. But still, that's like half the people on the internet!'
This comic is a parody of the movie The Social Network, changed to feature Zombo.com. Zombo.com, also known as Zombocom, is a website that only has movie colors and a voice that says "This is Zombocom, welcome to zombocom" and then moves on to other strange phrases. Turn on your speakers and check it out for yourself.
- It's easy to forget, as we heap awards on The Social Network,
- That before there was Facebook, MySpace, or even Friendster...
- One website dreamed bigger than them all.
- [Cueball and another are talking.]
- Cueball: People like doing stuff. So why not build a website that offers that?
- Another: Offers what? What would I do there?
- Cueball: Anything! The only limit is yourself!
- [Another scene. Hacker, wearing headphones and oblivious, working at computer. Cueball runs in to interrupt; Another holds him back.]
- Cueball: Hey, we need more—
- Another: Don't–he's wired in.
- Hacker: The infinite is possible.
- Another: Or baked. It's hard to tell.
- [Cueball and another at table in bar.]
- Cueball: It's time to monetize. We could make millions!
- Another: No way. A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool?
- Cueball: A billio–
- Another: Circles.
- [Long shot in bar. Drinks on table in foreground; dim figures in doorway in background; Cueball, alone, shouting into the distance.]
- Cueball: Hey–a tip: drop the dot.
- Cueball: Just "Zombocom".
- Cueball: It's cleaner.