862: Let Go
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: This comic needs a more deeper explain, even for the title text.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
The first two frames in this comic are the set-up. Both contain the websites CNN and Reddit and thoughts over the top of them. In the third frame, it starts to look a little different as the screen is not a computer but is in fact the targeting computer from Luke Skywalker's X-wing. But, before shutting down, he considers checking Facebook.
In the fourth frame, we finally get the movie reference from Star Wars as Princess Leia and one of the Rebel Alliance's generals are gathered around the holographic table that allows them to follow the battle. In the movie, Luke turns off his targeting computer because he uses the Force to fire the torpedoes at the right time. But in this comic, Luke turns off the computer because he keeps getting distracted by Reddit and CNN.
The headlines on CNN read 'Bees?', 'Where is Oman', and iReport (we mean you, that is.).
The headline "Bees?" is a reference to Cards Against Humanity. One of the white cards says exactly that.
The title text is a serious solution to a procrastination problem that we see in the comic, later explained to take the form of simply rebooting the computer.
- [Reddit page.]
- Luke (thinking): I shouldn't be looking at Reddit. Why can't I stop?
- [CNN page.]
- Luke (thinking): Refreshing CNN again. Do news stories so affect my life that I benefit from checking them more than once a day?
- [Shutdown screen.]
- Luke (thinking): I should at least check Faceb... no. Screw it. I can't do my job when I'm distracting myself every five minutes like this.
- [Two people before a battlefield screen.]
- Cueball: His computer's off. Luke - You've switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong?
- Luke: Nothing. I'm all right.