883: Pain Rating
Title text: If it were a two or above I wouldn't be able to answer because it would mean a pause in the screaming.
In medical examinations, a doctor will sometimes ask the patient to assess their pain, to give the doctor a rough idea of the patient's condition. Cueball is asked to compare the pain in his arm with the worst pain that he can imagine; the thought of that pain reduces him to a huddled ball.
The title text further emphasizes that idea: If the pain was higher than one on his pain scale, it would already be so high that he would be reduced to uncontrollable screaming.
- [Ponytail is carrying a clipboard and consulting with Cueball, who's sitting on a high medical table.]
- Ponytail: Any pain?
- Cueball: My arm really hurts.
- [Megan is standing behind Ponytail, as the panel widens.]
- Ponytail: How would you rate the pain, from one to ten, where ten is the worst pain you can imagine?
- [The patient sits on the table.]
- Patient: The worst pain I can imagine?
- [Cueball ponders this, raising a thoughtful hand to his jaw.]
- [Cueball appears to be shocked.]
- [Cueball is huddled up on the table.]
- Cueball: One.
- Ponytail: ...What the hell is wrong with his imagination?
- Megan: It's not a normal place.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!