Title text: On the plus side, she wrote "Welcome to the AAA Club!" in lipstick on the bathroom mirror, and left me a membership/roadside assistance card on the counter.
This comic is a reference to an old urban legend: a guy is drugged, then he awakes in an ice-filled bathtub only to discover one (or both) of their kidneys has been harvested by organ thieves.
Here the situation is reversed: Beret Guy (who has just bought some ice for a party) is drugged, and he awakes in a bathtub filled with kidneys, only to discover that his ice has been harvested by a thief.
The title text refers to a similar story where the victim is left a note by their captor or one-night stand that says "Welcome to the AIDS club". Rather than having been involuntarily infected with HIV/AIDS, the victim Beret Guy has been involuntarily enrolled in the American Automobile Association (AAA).
- [Beret Guy and Megan are setting up a party, with a snack table and a big banner reading "PARTY!"]
- Megan: Everything's ready...
- Megan: Except we're out of ice.
- Beret Guy: I'll get some!
- [Beret Guy is walking down the street past a building marked Save Mart, with a bag of ice over his shoulder. Danish is standing on the sidewalk calls to him.]
- Danish: Hey sexy. Where're you headed with all that ice?
- Beret Guy: A party!
- Danish: There's a better party up at my place.
- Beret Guy: But I—
- Danish: C'mon, one drink.
- The next morning...
- [Beret Guy rubs eyes groggily.]
- Beret Guy: ...ugh... Where am I?
- Beret Guy: I was supposed to—
- Beret Guy: —where's all my ice!?
- [Beret Guy looks down to find himself in a bathtub full of kidneys.]
- Beret Guy: AAAAAAA
- Since her character introduction, this is the first strip to feature Danish without a connection to Black Hat.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!