Title text: Fortunately, the charging one has been solved now that we've all standardized on mini-USB. Or is it micro-USB? Shit.
This one is pretty straightforward and oh so true. In this comic, Cueball and Ponytail see that there are 14 different competing technologies to become a universal standard. So, they create one in attempt to become the universal standard. And instead of becoming the standard, it just becomes one of the many competitors.
- HOW STANDARDS PROLIFERATE
- (See: A/C chargers, character encodings, instant messaging, etc.)
- There are 14 competing standards.
- Cueball: 14?! Ridiculous! We need to develop one universal standard that covers everyone's use cases.
- Ponytail: Yeah!
- There are 15 competing standards.