93: Jeremy Irons
Title text: Movies that I know word-for-word, part one
Similar to the "My Hobby" series, this comic depicts one of Randall's goals in life: He wants to hire Academy-Award-winning actor Jeremy Irons to deliver all of Randall's dialogue in life (while Randall, perhaps, lip syncs it). He is apparently basing this desire on the fact that Irons, a classically trained English actor, portrayed Scar, the main antagonist in the 1994 Disney animated feature The Lion King.
The line that is spoken in the comic is from the song "Be Prepared" which Scar sings in the film. Thus, it's not entirely clear whether Randall enjoys Irons's deep, rumbling British-accented voice, or whether it's Scar's dialogue in the film that Randall truly would like to be speaking.
The title text suggests that Randall knows the dialogue of The Lion King from memory; it also suggests there are others he knows as well. He is around the appropriate age to have been in the target market for the film (he would have been around 10 at the time) and probably saw it many times.
- [Cueball points at Megan with his mouth open. Jeremy Irons stands behind him.]
- Jeremy Irons: But as THICK as you are, pay attention
- Jeremy Irons: My words are a matter of PRIDE!
- My goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
- Jeremy Irons' dialog in this comic is a direct quote of the song "Be Prepared" from The Lion King.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!