Title text: I wanna hold your hand so I don't fall out of your gyrocopter.
The first three sentences are a bunch of statements similar to what you would find in a birthday or anniversary card from one person in a relationship to another, but in this case, all the statements are in the negative. However, by the last frame, a positive greeting card statement is used ("I want to give you everything."), but the reason is unusual ("Just to see what you would do with it."), referring to whatever it is Megan is making..
Cueball is gathering a lot of different sorts of random things, including a deck umbrella, a miniature Eiffel Tower, what appears to be a bomb and the bust of a mannequin. He adds these to an already immense pile of things which Megan (her outline can be seen in the last panel standing on one of the wheels welding something) uses to build some sort of super tank with huge wheels, a mounted gun, satellite dish and crane. It appears to be running as there is exhaust coming out of the top of the machine.
The title text similarly starts with the conventional Beatles love song "I Want to Hold Your Hand" but for an unconventional reason to not fall out of a gyrocopter. A gyrocopter is a flying machine that has a rotor like a helicopter, but the rotor is not powered by a motor. Rather, the motor of the gyrocopter drives a propeller that accelerates the machine forward, while the air rushing past the rotor drives the rotor like a helicopter during autorotation.
- [Cueball drags a small wagon and a bag full of various items.]
- Cueball: You are not the light of my life. Making you happy isn't my greatest dream.
- [Cueball places the items in an even bigger pile of even more random items.]
- Cueball: Your smile is not all I live for. I've got my own stuff going on. But you're strange and fascinating and I've never met anyone like you.
- [Cueball stares in awe as Megan assembles the items into a gargantuan, intoxicatingly complex machine.]
- Cueball: I want to give you everything just to see what you would do with it.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!