979: Wisdom of the Ancients
|Wisdom of the Ancients|
Title text: All long help threads should have a sticky globally-editable post at the top saying 'DEAR PEOPLE FROM THE FUTURE: Here's what we've figured out so far ...'
Cueball is having a tech problem and Googled around to try to solve it. Someone on an online forum had the same error and made a thread about it, but no resolution was posted. These hanging posts are pretty annoying when trying to find a solution. (For those who haven't been through this, imagine finding an FAQ with questions but no answers.)
In many forums, it is considered polite to post the exact fix that you came across. That way the discussion becomes a useful reference for future people with the same problem.
In a few comics, Cueball will get the help he wants.
- [A poem is written outside the only panel, right justified along the left edge of the only panel.]
- Never have I felt so close to another soul
- And yet so helplessly alone
- As when I Google an error
- And there's one result
- A thread by someone with the same problem
- And no answer
- Last posted to in 2003
- [A person stands in front of his computer, shaking it violently while looking at the screen.]
- Cueball: Who were you, DenverCoder9? WHAT DID YOU SEE?!