- In "rearrange" (used in the comic) the letters "ea" comprise two syllables, and the schwa is more stressed than in "realize", which is barely audible when pronounced at all (although it might depend on regional accents).
22.214.171.124 02:26, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
- ...and also in learn, bread, break, beard, bear, create, reality, realize, sergeant. So, 11 different pronunciations. Did I miss any? ––St.nerol (talk) 22:11, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- In what way are the pairs beat/beard and learn/bread pronounced differently? 126.96.36.199 21:18, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
/hɑɹt/ /biːt/ /lɝn/ /bɹɛd/ /bɹeɪk/ /bɪɹd/ /bɛɚ/ /kɹiːˈeɪt/ /riˈæləti/ I couldn't find realize and sergeant. You can see it isn't just the vowels that are different. Tharkon (talk) 01:34, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
- beat/beard /biːt/ vs /bɪɹd/ or /bɪəd/
- learn/bread /lɜɹn/ vs /bɹɛd/. The difference between learn and bread is similar to the difference between stir /stɜɹ/ and stare /stɛɹ/, which are not homophones.
- realize /ˈɹiːəlaɪz/
- sergeant /ˈsɑːɹdʒənt/