Talk:1097: A Hypochondriac's Nightmare
- I am not sure that hypochondriac is spelled hypochrondiac. According to the dictionary it is hypochondriac. I wonder if RM will fix this.
- I think hypochondriac is the right spelling (according to Google and Wikipedia)
- Is it possible that the spelling of hypochrondiac is on purpose? The timing of the banana and jet engine versus the death mites? Altor (talk) 12:46, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- I doubt that it was intended, as I would think there would still be the r in driac. It has not been changed as of now, so I can't be sure. #TEBOWTIME 14:19, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Moved page and 1097 redirect to new spelling...--B. P. (talk) 22:40, 21 August 2012 (UTC)
- What are "death mites"?
- I feel like a Hypochondriac's nightmare would be dying from a disease that they detected at the earilest stage, but could do absolutely nothing about. #TEBOWTIME 10:33, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Don't you think the Title Text is more suggesting that Randal has a rash and he made the comic to calm himself down, but then it turns out that he has death mites in real life?
- Using the context clues, it's safe to assume that Cueball is thinking the title-text. #TEBOWTIME 13:24, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Note that banana peels aren't actually slippery (though they are portrayed as such in media), and haven't been since the Gros Michel cultivar (think "breed") was wiped out (by Panama Disease, a fungus) and replaced with the Cavendish. 18.104.22.168 22:50, 26 December 2012 (UTC)
- Usually the banana peels are placed on smooth, tiled floors, but in this case, Cueball is probably on concrete - the airplane runway, which is more gripping than tiled floor, so it's harder (if even possible) to slip on them there. 625571b7-aa66-4f98-ac5c-92464cfb4ed8 (talk) 13:33, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
Banana peels are slippery if you crush them, like by stepping on them. 22.214.171.124 01:56, 28 August 2013 (UTC)
What's Cue ball doing in front of a jet engine in the first place? 126.96.36.199 06:26, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
I have an obsessive fear of slipping on a banana peel in front of a jet engine. I know its irrational and that it keeps me from paying attention to my health. Mountain Hikes (talk) 05:28, 16 February 2016 (UTC)