- Actually that's not true. Regardless of the bit in position 1 to begin with, you will always have a 1 in position 8 in the result. When you shift, you're adding a 0 in position 1 (assuming a 0 shift in), then the inverse is 1, and flipping would put the 1 in position 8. Jarod997 (talk) 14:06, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
" and so is the author Randall Munroe at PyCon"
- I think that post is a joke.
- It links to 541: TED Talk.
- It says "Registration volunteers have been instructed to refuse admission to Randall Munroe personally, and in fact, to any stick figures who may attempt to register"
- There isn't anything on YouTube or Randall Munroe's Wikipedia page about it.
- Another Python blog says that it was a publicity stunt, citing the organizers' mailing list archives. I didn't bother to sign up for access to the archive.
- Catherine Devlin claims that she banned Randall, so we could try asking her if she's serious.
- Another blog post about it
- gijobarts (talk) 16:48, 2 September 2013 (UTC) (edited 20:29 UTC)