- tell pls Just some random derp 23:45, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
I feel like he got lazy at the end and didn't provide an "or" to the Jesus one mnemonic. Also, why is mnemonic often pronounced "new-monic" ?
Mnemonic is supposed to be pronounced "nim-monic"; "new-monic" is rather a malapropism, given that is a correct pronunciation of "pneumonic" (meaning related to lungs or to pneumonia"), similar to how some people pronounce "nuclear" as "nu-kyoo-lar" (reminiscent of "-cular"-ending words, such as: perpendicular, particular, jocular, etc.).
- I pronounce it as written, same for "gnome" - keeps those muscles going. (Try it with "knight", you'll get an approximation of Chaucer. Seriously.) --Qwach (talk) 02:39, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
- My dictionary says it's a schwa sound. Both "nim" and "new" are putting too much emphasis on the first syllable. 18.104.22.168 06:46, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
Mnemonics are actually counter-productive. They claim to help you remember something but, in actuality, they replace what you're supposed to remember with something useless, thus causing you to FAIL to remember.22.214.171.124 03:32, 4 July 2013 (UTC)
"Mnemonics are actually counter-productive." I disagree. They provide the order to the list of already known, or mostly known, words. They provide a little extra help.--DrMath 20:50, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
The only one I ever learned: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. Fucking stupid brain! (It HAS been useful, although I don't recall why at the moment. (Fucking stupid brain.))
I used Google News BEFORE it was clickbait (talk) 07:15, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- "It's the most remarkable word I've ever seen!"126.96.36.199 05:25, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
Has anyone noticed the Order of Operations is Out of Order? Please Email Dad & Mum A Shark? - Apostrophyx (188.8.131.52 03:17, 15 July 2014 (UTC))
- It's not out of order, multiplication and division are one tier together. 6 x 5 / 2 and 6 / 2 x 5 have the same result. Cflare (talk) 14:29, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
I learned "Kahn's Hot Dogs Use Dead Cow Meat" as a mnemonic for SI prefixes. Covers all the common ones, but leaves out extreme ones like Giga or Zepto.--184.108.40.206 20:13, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
My favorite is for SOHCAHTOA: "Some Old Hippie Caught Another Hippie Tripping On Acid." 220.127.116.11 05:16, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
And this, fundamentally, is why people don't like Pluto not being a planet. Sure, it's logical, but you took away our nine pizzas and gave us only nachos in return. Who wouldn't be mad about that?18.104.22.168 05:25, 6 September 2015 (UTC)