During the first few weeks there were so much talk on this page, that it became too long. The solution was to remove the page from the explanation. But now almost no one makes any comment anymore. To help with this I will try to collapse all the original talk - lat entry (mine) is already a month old. It will always be possible to see all the old comments by pressing the expand button to the far right. So feel free to comment below again - then someone might notice that there has been written something new again! Kynde (talk) 22:32, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
I've had the story loop back to the first frame, so it wouldn't surprise me if this could go on infinitely if it had the available dialogue options.
This is going to be a hell of a thing. Good luck... H (talk) 15:39, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- I think this is one of those times when the custom field might come in handy. Duplicating Randall's code seems like it might be difficult, and it might just be easier to link to the original page. Probably. Davidy²²[talk] 15:47, 1 April 2014 (UTC)b
- I think it should just show a screenshot of the initial image and options 188.8.131.52 02:49, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
There's always new story lines, even when you think you've read them all, new ones appear to replace them. I don't think it'll ever be possible to record them all. 184.108.40.206 15:55, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- The text changes, but there are recurring themes with the panels. The rocket, the big hole, the little hole, Dinosaurcomics, pokemon, waking up, stranded swimming.........H (talk) 18:03, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
When I go to XKCD, all I see is the comic from Monday... weird. --Jeff (talk) 16:45, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Same here... and a lot of space below it. Z (talk) 17:43, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- I think that happens when you have refreshed the page too many time -- kind of an anti spam for user submissions. I simply create an anonymous browser window and I got back to the real page once xkcd was not able to track me as a returning user. Spongebog (talk) 17:59, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Currently there appears to be a bug. Instead of the evolving, crowd-sourced comic, I just see an off-center copy of the previous comic, 1349: Shouldn't Be Hard. Screenshot here.
UPDATE: it appears to be a bug in the XSRF-blocking code. Chrome console shows me the error "XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://c1.xkcd.com/graph/1/. The 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header has a value 'http://xkcd.com' that is not equal to the supplied origin. Origin 'http://www.xkcd.com' is therefore not allowed access."
FURTHER UPDATE: you can work around this bug by going to http://xkcd.com instead of http://www.xkcd.com!
It also doesn't work if you have HTTPS Everywhere enabled.
220.127.116.11 16:46, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- I can confirm this bug in Firefox. Weirdly, the work-around functioned one time for me, but now going to "xkcd.com" rather than "www.xkcd.com" just gives me a copy of 1349 as well. 18.104.22.168 17:40, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- The workaround didn't work for me, I still got monday's comic on either URL. (Chromium 36.0.1919.0 (260611), Mac OS 10.9.2) Z (talk) 17:45, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
</script></div>, and the rest, manually. (Indeed, that shows why I get 1349's "shouldn't be hard" image, by default.) Pity. 22.214.171.124 02:25, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- I only get a blank page with on the bottom a link to the comic 1349. Both on 2 firefoxes (different systems) and a chromium. so however wonderfull it might be, the delivery is less then stellar. 126.96.36.199 15:54, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
This comic introduced(?) a font of its own of Randalls comic type. I don't know if it has been sitting there for long, but I just noticed it: http://xkcd.com/fonts/xkcd-Regular.eot -- phiarc 188.8.131.52 17:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Is it the same as was used in Externalities? H (talk) 18:00, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Does everyone have these options in some order for the first tile?
- Refresh... No New Email... Refresh .. No New Tweets... Refresh...
- These Stupid Tiles... I'll Just Play One More Game
- Oh. Hey. There's Some Kind Of Politicial Thing Going On.
- Let's See If BSD Is Any Easier to Install Nowadays
--Jeff (talk) 17:54, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:0cd52ed0-bb15-11e3-8004-002590d77bdd There's a frame with Chinese in it! 184.108.40.206 18:06, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- If so, we can begin to build a map of at least the first set of options before the crowd-sourced ones. --Jeff (talk) 17:56, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, though the second-tier options have changed H (talk) 18:00, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- The first level options may be constant (Im seeing the same as Jeff), but I suspect that the following options is based on some sort of ckick though statitics / machine learning -- which means that the will continue to change until Randall closes off the 'voting' -- if 1193: Externalities is anything to go by that should be within the next 24-48 hours, at which point automating the collection of story lines may be possible. Spongebog (talk) 18:11, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- I'm going to transcript some of what I get at least through the first few levels and then we can start with a list of options for those who don't want to go through them all. --Jeff (talk) 18:37, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- I have no idea how one would do this, but it would be cool to render the transcript as a tree of some sort; having one vertical list will be hard to follow for more than a few decisions. 220.127.116.11 00:14, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- New initial option! I just got "Hurry! We're in talks with Facebook." In place of the "refresh" option. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:2b330d48-bb01-11e3-8003-002590d77bdd --18.104.22.168 23:15, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Ohh, this comic is buggy and the link here at the top gives just the page from Monday, showing errors on debuggers. But removing the WWW from URL helps. Further more I can't see that the result of the choices is dynamic. So let's prove this. --Dgbrt (talk) 19:33, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Have a look at http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/2/2b/lorenz_combination1.png and http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/9/9a/lorenz_combination2.png and you can see the option orders are changing -- this is a typical artifact of A/B testing where randomization of options is needed to avoid selection bias. I have futher observed "your car is on fire" instead of the "dinosaur" option, hence not only the orders are channging but the content as well -- maybe somebody else can capture this. Spongebog (talk) 22:08, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
How are new dialogue suggestions approved? Are they random, by popular vote (unlikely, not very many people would suggest the same thing), or is Randall approving them one by one? Z (talk) 20:26, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- They may not need to be explicitly approved at all -- one of the beutiful things about click though measures is that the public votes for what is good by clicking -- this is also a factor in search ranking by your favorite search engine where statistics are driving the entire show -- in a search engine some input to the statistical process comes from the web pages, but other comes from what people are actually clicking Spongebog (talk) 22:14, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
What is this a screenshot of? It's zoomed out so far. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:5b5bd04e-b9d6-11e3-8008-002590d77bdd Haithere (talk) 20:39, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- you mean this : http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/a1-2014/Rl92nFEWd9huvXABNkHKHg.png ? Spongebog (talk) 22:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- It appears to be a screen shot from a flight simulator program of some sort, however im not able to tell which, and since it is most likely an 'in-game' screen short we will never find out unless somebody else is playing this precises flight simulator program Spongebog (talk) 22:37, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- I am not certain, but I strongly suspect that is Kerbal Space Program 22.214.171.124 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- it really is Kerbal Space Program, or KSP for short 126.96.36.199 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- found this image from KSP http://i.imgur.com/UofvQ.png Spongebog (talk) 09:07, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
A transcript is going to be futile. It appears as though the comic may go on indefinitely (I've definitely had some branches continue extending until I've seen frames that were present in other branches). I suspect what's happening here is that... options are "suggested", and those suggestions are displayed at random to people. The ones with the most clickthroughs begin to appear more often, until eventually the top 4 are "locked in" and no more suggestions can be made. Very creative! But I'm not convinced that Randall is making frames in near-real-time, nor am I even convinced he's part of the approval process at all. I suspect it's all automated. 188.8.131.52 00:29, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
It seems it is possible to have the same option appear twice in the first panel. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:be7a3304-b685-11e3-8001-94de80a03a29 --184.108.40.206 10:27, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- They are not the same options -- the text differes where one option has "I'll" with a captal I and the other option is 'i'll' with a lowercase I -- I guess some prankster submitted a very similar text and somehow that got included. The branching also differs for the two options. Spongebog (talk) 17:12, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Timestamp: 04/02/14 12:56:21
Error: TypeError: this.$lastPanel is null
Source File: http://xkcd.com/1350/bernardo.min.js
Line: 2 -- Hkmaly (talk) 11:03, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- It still works for me -- try to clear your cookies or use an anonymous window or go to xkcd.com (no www no https) or some of the other helpful suggestions on this page to overcome some of the buggy nature of this page. Spongebog (talk) 17:12, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
tl;dr, but I applaud Randall's creativity. Added to the Colossal time sinks category. – tbc (talk) 13:15, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Has it restarted? It used to work just fine on my browser but now only the first panel is available, after clicking an option it said my suggestion has been submitted. Great when it works though, thanks Randal. Jet_proppeled_elephant220.127.116.11 14:53, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
It feels like there are a bunch of "dead-end panels", that we never really get past. One example the "bright background" strip, in which we only see the shadows of the two characters. Nobody seems to care what happens after those. 18.104.22.168 18:59, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
I found a Dinosaur Comics reference, permalink: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:3d243960-b9b6-11e3-8001-002590d77bdd
Has this been found before?
22.214.171.124 20:08, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
I don't have time to do it myself, but most of the space images from this path are not in the images page. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:6490cc4a-b9f0-11e3-8009-002590d77bdd
Zweisteine (talk) 23:33, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, I'm gonna add those. Daniel Carrero (talk) 23:38, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Great! And now I found another: Pikachu uses Ethylene Dichloride. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:6f59d766-ba95-11e3-8001-002590d77bdd
I'll add it to the but about pikachu in the comic, but the pictures are up to someone else.Zweisteine (talk) 23:47, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Slightly different space path, in which the rocket expodes: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:dd99ea0e-ba04-11e3-8017-002590d77bdd Zweisteine (talk) 23:59, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Good. I've finished adding all images that you mentioned. Also, the two last images of the slightly different space path were not in the images page, now I added them too. Daniel Carrero (talk) 00:14, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Pikachu died! Radicality failed -> Pikachu in shock! http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:5c565bf2-ba05-11e3-8017-002590d77bdd --eternia 7:33, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Pikachu uses Graph Theory. How is that not effective?! http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:52f2389c-baaf-11e3-801f-002590d77bdd --eternia 7:47, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Pikachu uses Ant Colony. Uwah... http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:2b707ed6-ba97-11e3-8006-002590d77bdd --eternia 8:02, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- 1 shark instead of 3. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:9ba111ee-ba96-11e3-8004-002590d77bdd --eternia 8:14, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- 0 sharks. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:e0e4d984-baaf-11e3-8026-002590d77bdd --eternia 8:17, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- I'm gonna add those too. Daniel Carrero (talk) 12:41, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Are there any panels that have two speech bubbles that are not dead ends? It seems that there are never any options for the second bubble, and sometimes the first bubble has options that would fit in the second bubble after the other options for the first bubble. Maybe submissions for the second bubble accidentally end up in the first instead? Another bug? Zweisteine (talk) 23:56, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
We need some place to discuss certain issues. I give it a shot below Kynde (talk) 21:10, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Transcipt discussion
- What about four transcripts - one for each of the four first original choices?
- Should these transcripts be on a separate page? It becomes tedious to scroll to the discussion page...Kynde (talk) 21:13, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Could we use the hide option so you only see the options from the first panel. Then you unhide to see the next panel etc. This would be a little like the comic and would make it much easier to read and it would not be such a long page! Kynde (talk) 10:35, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- I'm working on the hide option. Daniel Carrero (talk) 15:14, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- I now implemented the hide option. It looks good! in my opinion. It should be easy to edit. It would be too much work to convert the whole thing to the collapsible version so, sorry but I just removed the whole thing and started from the very beginning. This is the link to the old version, in case anyone wants to help converting it to the collapsible version. Daniel Carrero (talk) 16:46, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- I did the same for trivia with a separate page for the old version that can be expanded if anyone wishes. And all the work is not lost. I have linked to it from trivia but it is here: 1350: Lorenz/Transcript. Kynde (talk) 22:19, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- How will the transcript work for when two characters speak? Those cases do exist; they're not all bugged. For example, in the "OpenBSD Branch", "Why not haiku?" and "Let's go exploring!" have further responses. --126.96.36.199 06:31, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- Where does the name Dave come from for the hairy guy who comes in after the first panel? I can see it once in the transcript - but it is said by White hat the sales guy. I'm not sure it is his name and the chatagory for hairy is assigned to the comic! Kynde (talk) 21:16, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hat guy? Is it a hat? Is there not a better English word for the type of "hat" worn by the main character from the first panel? It is not a hat like white or black hat! Kynde (talk) 21:18, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- I named him Hat Guy originally to make things easier. Feel free to change the name, I guess :) Knit Cap Guy, maybe? If a change is warranted, a simple search-and-replace should do it. Also, I'm not sure it's a guy or a girl... But the previous text was also treating him as male to begin with, anyway. Daniel Carrero (talk) 21:36, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Is the right politician = Cueball?
- Who is the left? Kynde (talk) 21:23, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Isn't is likely that the characters only have names given to them by us readers in our suggestions? They don't necessarily have constant names. Zweisteine (talk) 23:33, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Exactly my point. I think we should stick with hairy guy and maybe Knit Cap Guy! Kynde (talk) 10:28, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- I see you already changed Hat Guy to Knit Cap Guy and Dave to Hairy. Knit Cap Guy is a nice name. Originally, I would disagree with you and insist we should stick to Dave because that's what the character is called in one storyline of the strip itself, but I see he is also called Frank in other timeline. Since he has multiple names, using just Hairy is better in my opinion, too. Daniel Carrero (talk) 12:40, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Knit Cap Guy is probably a Girl. Just sayin'. 188.8.131.52 12:22, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Probably! Originally I thought it was Megan with a knit cap on. Daniel Carrero (talk) 12:40, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- It IS a girl! http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:1e4325a2-baaf-11e3-801f-002590d77bdd 184.108.40.206 21:44, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Well I think you are correct - that it is a girl. However you can NEVER use text in the comic to decide - because it is user created - I could have written the same line with guy instead of girl! Anyway - could someone change Knit Cap Guy to Knit Cap Girl? Kynde (talk) 10:04, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Can see it has been done - great Kynde (talk) 08:32, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- I've found a story where he/she is male! Thus contradicting the story above, where he/she is female, and proving that we really can't use text to determine the sex. Here we have "Beanie Man". http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:b6fcd098-ba98-11e3-8008-002590d77bdd
- (But... She looks female-ish enough to me, so I personally feel inclined to keep Knit Cap Girl in the article. Also, for laziness if nothing else. Feel free to disagree with me on that.) Daniel Carrero (talk) 11:07, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Also, sometimes she is called Lorenz. http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:bcc77a5c-ba23-11e3-801b-002590d77bdd Daniel Carrero (talk) 11:40, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- I always mentally called the guy 'Hikaru' because the guy's hat reminded me of the Nice Hat that Hikaru Azuma wore a lot in With the Light. Greyson (talk) 03:55, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- Seems like the permalink at the top of the transcript does not work for me anymore - then they will be useless! Else they are the best way to quote different lines of the comic. Kynde (talk) 21:31, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
Oh, now they work again. ;) Kynde (talk) 10:31, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- The permalinks has stopped working for me Spongebog (talk) 20:45, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure that the initial four options presented to the reader are now fixed and do not change. "These stupid tiles..." and "Gravity. Lots of it." are no longer available options. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've played the comic many times over the past couple of days and I've never received those two options). Should the transcript be edited to reflect that? Enchantedsleeper (talk) 21:53, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Chategories not yet included
Should they be?
- I have seen the word Raptor mentioned - so should velociraptor be a chategory? Kynde (talk) 21:21, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Cueball? I.e. the politician on the right? Kynde (talk) 21:28, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- I understand that many categories has been deleted as all text references can be user generated. But when there is a drawing with a dinosaur then this categories should be included etc. Kynde (talk) 19:14, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- I would like to discuss the number of categories. If anything is in thks comics pictures then it should be included as a category. So dinos and Pokémon for sure as well as character's and collor. So I include some again - please do not delete. If you need to find where Pokémon has been referenced this commic should come in the list! Kynde (talk) 19:03, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
I created 1350: Lorenz/Images with all the images I could find in the comic. I'm not sure if I should have left them in the main page 1350: Lorenz, but feel free to decide what to do with them. Also, I tried using the tag <gallery>, but I couldn't make it work, so I used a lot of divs. Daniel Carrero (talk) 23:23, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Great idea - just what I hoped someone would and could do. Thanks ;) Is it easy to add new images to the page if they show up? Kynde (talk) 10:32, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- You're welcome! :) It's pretty easy... I explained in the images page how exactly you would save a new image if they show up. Daniel Carrero (talk) 13:52, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Can see there keep appearing new images from the text above. Kynde (talk) 10:39, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- New shark images here: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:30f53d98-bbb3-11e3-801c-002590d77bdd 220.127.116.11 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- I have updated the page and made a talk page there to add comments like the above. Have already found d 3 new images cannot add them with this tablet Kynde (talk) 22:19, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for this work, but nobody knows if this is complete. --Dgbrt (talk) 19:49, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Many-worlds interpretation
The title text "Every choice, no matter how small, begins a new story" might as well be a hint to Hugh Everett III 's "Many-worlds interpretation"
of quantum theory. 18.104.22.168 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- Except that the title is Lorenz a direct reference to the guy with the butterfly effect... Kynde (talk) 10:37, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Can't it be both? The Butterfly Effect can be seen as one consequence of the Many-Worlds interpretation. A choice as simple as whether (or where) a butterfly flaps its wings can send our entire universe down a different timeline, in which a hurricane occurs. 22.214.171.124 19:46, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Most, maybe all pictures do correspond to an existing comic here
I'm calling on you to not destroy a first simple explain, even the transcript. But nearly every picture belongs to a former comic — this has to be explained at the Themes section. We have some dinosaurs, but there is much more. Please help on this issue. --Dgbrt (talk) 21:56, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- After I understood what you mean I agree. All pictures collected should be explained in the themes section and preferably with a line to a story that includes the picture. There are so many I can't find. Some may never be available again... ? Kynde (talk) 18:59, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- What are you referring to? Has anyone deleted something important? Hope it wasn't me? Kynde (talk) 22:19, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Well I can see it was me. We obviously disagree with what could be a trivia item and with which categories should be included even obvious ones. There has before been mention of missing pieces of hats etc and when there is one in hundreds of images with an error then it could make a fun trivia item in my opinion! I will stop editing and let you decide what to do with this comic? Kynde (talk) 22:30, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- You totally misunderstand me. I'm asking for an explain to every picture because it should belong to a former comic.
- Further more I'm just trying to keep the explain as simple as possible; individual error experiences should not be posted at the explain. I did remove that content in order to keep it simple as possible to an ordinary reader.
- Please improve the picture explains, but also please keep that explain simple as possible to readers are not interested on all that crap done by Randall.
- --Dgbrt (talk) 22:38, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Great and thanks for this explain and sorry I was grumpy in my reply before. Do you mean there should be an explanation for every single picture? Maybe this should be moved to a separate page like the list of images - they take up lots of space in the explain page - or they could be hided like the new transcript? Kynde (talk) 08:32, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Have begun the full image explanation...Kynde (talk) 23:03, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Visual tree / map?
How hard would it be to come up with a tree graphing out the different choices? The nodes could be panels and the lines could represent text choices. Has anyone tried it?
--126.96.36.199 23:40, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- I added hide/show functionality to the transcript. It's easier to read and navigate now. Daniel Carrero (talk) 15:59, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- Great - this was also what I had in mind :-) Kynde (talk) 08:32, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Not so great it has been deleted... Again! I have inserted a link to the last page before Dgbrt deleted all 25000 signs. Considering the enormous work done to create this transcript I think we should let it be at least awailable as a trivia link. I cannot create the page from my tablet, but would rather have a lorenz transcript page than an old version like now. Maybe on this page again? 1350: Lorenz/Transcript. Kynde (talk) 23:03, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- I restored the old version in 1350: Lorenz/Transcript. (Also, I used divs this time rather than templates.) Daniel Carrero (talk) 05:00, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- I got my suggestion as part of the main story!
I noticed in the "references to video games" section that "Actually it's the final castle - grab your fire flower!" was one of the options. I suggested that! 188.8.131.52 17:07, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- Are we sure the title is not related to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_gauge_condition ?
For example, in Italy, the Lorenz Gauge Condition is dubbed "The Lorenz's choice". 184.108.40.206 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- Should there be an interactive comic category?
It is kind of covered by the dynamic category, but between click and drag and this, as well as possible future comics, might it need to be its own seperate new category? Athang (talk) 23:00, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
The "stupid tiles" option has vanished from panel 1. 220.127.116.11 00:14, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Is that for good or just for you? How many times did you reload and did you try different browsers? It should always be awailable via a saved permalink, like you findin the transcript. Kynde (talk) 08:32, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- This probably happens at the same time for all users, considering that I read 18.104.22.168's message immediately after he/she sent it and at that point the "stupid tiles" option had vanished for me as well, but this was clearly temporary since it's back now.
- I only tested on Firefox. Daniel Carrero (talk) 04:08, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- I still get this option?? 22.214.171.124 22:38, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Records in most panels
I have started a collection of records. I just entered what I could find to give an example. I was sure that my pheble attempts soon would be helped sore by someone who had saved the good ones... And already this is happening. Please continue to improve the records and also add more themes if I left them out Kynde (talk) 17:00, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- Gravity lots of it?
I have never seen this option. Could someone post a permalink to such a story - could be as a record. Kynde (talk) 20:58, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- Some cool stuff i found, don't know if anyone wants to add these to the main page
Giant pit: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:ea9342a0-bc02-11e3-8034-002590d77bdd
Goodbye, BSD: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:bae4c63c-ba31-11e3-8034-002590d77bdd
Reddit and rockets: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:602c39a8-ba92-11e3-8006-002590d77bdd
More BSD Pikachu: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:f5760770-baae-11e3-801f-002590d77bdd
Bird-powered car: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:cc4467b2-baf3-11e3-8001-002590d77bdd
This happens a lot: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:b69f6096-b9f0-11e3-8009-002590d77bdd
These stupid lines: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:360411c2-baa2-11e3-8012-002590d77bdd
Pretty long: http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:7d40621c-bae7-11e3-8002-002590d77bdd
126.96.36.199 22:37, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for your findings. This has to be added to the explain, your titles on this are GREAT! Maybe you — or someone else — does have a nice idea how to publish all this permalinks in a proper way.--Dgbrt (talk) 23:39, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- More (mostly dream recursion):
Lord of the rings: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:40a1ac80-ba06-11e3-8017-002590d77bdd
Another moat: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:eee0d4c6-baea-11e3-8002-002590d77bdd
Looping back: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:d7970042-bae5-11e3-8001-002590d77bdd
Looping back 2: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:3f654048-badd-11e3-8001-002590d77bdd
Never seen it loop this many times: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:20698602-bbb1-11e3-801c-002590d77bdd
Even more looping: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:75e8f03e-baaf-11e3-801f-002590d77bdd
Looping to a rocket: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:3aa7da8e-bae7-11e3-8002-002590d77bdd
Dream recursion: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:5e94d028-bb7d-11e3-8012-002590d77bdd
Where did the Pikachu come from?: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:97c42da2-bb01-11e3-8004-002590d77bdd
Ethylene dichloride: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:93312202-ba4f-11e3-8037-002590d77bdd
More rockets: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:34f7f602-ba3b-11e3-8035-002590d77bdd
Even more rockets: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:8440e346-bb16-11e3-8004-002590d77bdd
More recursion: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:20698602-bbb1-11e3-801c-002590d77bdd
Another blowtorch: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:97cbd552-bb01-11e3-8004-002590d77bdd
Most different stories i've seen in one: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:60d11a70-bb16-11e3-8004-002590d77bdd
188.8.131.52 21:33, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
More pikachu: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:feaa5d4e-bbd2-11e3-802c-002590d77bdd
Long pikachu fight: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:d87d8344-bafb-11e3-8001-002590d77bdd
Many pikachus: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:d04aabf0-b9fe-11e3-8016-002590d77bdd
Much pikachu: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:f203d1c6-ba22-11e3-801a-002590d77bdd
Such pikachu: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:a5485722-ba26-11e3-8020-002590d77bdd
Very pikachu: http://www.xkcd.com/1350/#p:81c9e8c8-ba1d-11e3-8018-002590d77bdd
184.108.40.206 22:49, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- I haven't seen them all - but have you checked the records at the bottom of the explain page - those you call pretty long does not seem to get close to the 77 picture record... Are there any new pictures not featured in the picture page linked to from the top of the explain? Else this does not seem so interesting to me... ;-) Kynde (talk) 14:55, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ah so there were interesting stuff around. And I can see that at least one of them has already been added as a Pokémon record. Great - cool if you wrote how many panels - or if there where new pictures - it would be easier to look through them. The double dream I had been looking for, thanks I will add it to the record page under dreams Kynde (talk) 14:59, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- Seen them all and added several to the record for themes trivia. Thanks - but please more info~(length, themes) if you still care to share Kynde (talk) 15:36, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- Finishing the explanation
I have just done a huge job putting all the images from the list in under the themes sections. I hope others can take over and find permalinks that include all the images that are not yet on references in the links I have inserted. Also there are some of the first options that seeem to not exist anymore (Gravity lots of it) and also there was the error with the same line twice. I found it one day, but then there where no new images if you chose it. I did not save the permalink and now it seems like it is all gone.
Good work guys and girls - I have a holiday comming up with no much computer time... Kynde (talk) 02:51, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- Greasemonkey Script
I've just mad a script to visit random stories, and record the corresponding transcripts. It's available here: https://github.com/edfel/Lorenz/ . I hope someone can find it useful! Edfel. 220.127.116.11 14:24, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
One idea: Maybe someone could create a script to automatically navigate Lorenz and create a dump of all the results, to fill 1350: Lorenz/Transcript.
I know more-or-less how that would work in "pseudocode" so I could help but I'm not going to do it (writing actual code, testing, debugging, accounting for each individual frame, etc) any time soon. Daniel Carrero (talk) 07:47, 29 April 2014 (UTC)
- Go home, Saturn, you're drunk.
Quintuple Saturn POWER!
http://xkcd.com/1350/#p:9adca534-b9b0-11e3-8004-002590d77bdd 18.104.22.168 01:44, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
- What-If XKCD
Recognize this one? 22.214.171.124 02:09, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
- Why are the punctuation marks clipping?
I don't know what's going on, but a comma looks just like a period in the comic. The letters E, F, and I also display strangely. What's going on?126.96.36.199 01:58, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- Lorenz down time
Today there was no access to Lorenz. Tried both Firefox, Chrome and internet explorer. Just mentioning it here, if this is a permanent problem - so people can see how long it has been down. Kynde (talk) 18:43, 15 May 2014 (UTC)
- Well it was already up again now. Kynde (talk) 11:42, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
It's interesting the chess player in 1112 ("Think logically") resembles the knit cap girl. It's weird that Megan (or Randall's wife) after chemotherapy also wears a cap (1141, "Two years"). Is there any possible connections between them (or simply a coincidence)?188.8.131.52 04:24, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
I noticed that the image url noted on xkcd.com is the same as the one for #1349 - Shouldn't Be Hard. Not sure if it is caused by the interactivity disallowing an image upload, or an error on Randall's part (I'd imagine working through this comic's issues was pretty distracting). 15:37, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
I found a (possibly) bug where the comic doesn't load and there's just a comic-sized blank space. 19:48, 3 January 2019 (UTC) -- Cheese12 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)