I propose that - for once - we keep the bot-generated text in this explanation section: "This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect."
184.108.40.206 15:41, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- +1! And Ponytail gets banned from particle physics conferences? Or her biology license is revoked. https://xkcd.com/410/ --220.127.116.11 16:57, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- We need to compile a blacklist for conferences people are banned from... Linker (talk) 18:36, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hey baby, you can still practice biology without a license... ProphetZarquon (talk) 21:39, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- .*Pepper Spray*Linker (talk) 17:16, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
I suppose it's not okay to copy and paste random portions of other articles here in hopes of creating a super explanation?18.104.22.168 20:41, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
Does this remind anyone of Tom Scott's Piña Collider?
- no but it reminds of the Higgs boson search by looking and bananas and acorn squash http://sci-ence.org/higgs/
There's a new-year's day for trees? This fact alone deserves its own comic! ProphetZarquon (talk) 21:44, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- A holiday =/= new-year's day - 22.214.171.124 01:25, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
- If you google the jewish holiday for the trees, you will see it is actually a “new year’s day” for the trees. 126.96.36.199 12:06, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
If only, if only. Orange juice is somewhat sour, and pineapple juice cloyingly sweet, but what would the combination fruit be like?
188.8.131.52 02:54, 1 February 2018 (UTC) Gene Wirchenko [email protected]
- I believe that is next on the agenda after the peanut/grape enigma is solved These Are Not The Comments You Are Looking For (talk) 01:50, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
This reminds me of https://what-if.xkcd.com/116/, especially title text of the last picture: "A hole bunch of strange, extremely massive drivers were created by collision, but all were extremely short-lived." 184.108.40.206 10:19, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
Is Banapple Gas an early result from the Fruit Collider? 220.127.116.11 05:39, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
The hypothesis presented in this strip has now been empirically tested by The Slow Mo Guys.18.104.22.168 13:16, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
- So apparently I'm not the only fan of The Slow Mo Guys here... Herobrine (talk) 09:25, 7 April 2018 (UTC)
A coconut with orange skin! Explodes after 12 µs (microseconds) StillNotOriginal 00:50, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
Why does the explanation say that many people " ind the high seed-to-flesh ratio offputting when eating" pomegranates, when in pomegranates the seeds are actually the tasty thing you want to eat instead of the flesh?--Lupo (talk) 17:44, 12 October 2018 (UTC)