Difference between revisions of "1996: Morning News"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<>comicnumber, the comic 1996[[768: 1996]]</>
| number = 1996
| number = 1996
Revision as of 18:55, 21 May 2018
- "1996", this comic's number, redirects here. For the comic named "1996", see 768: 1996.
Title text: Support your local paper, unless it's just been bought by some sinister hedge fund or something, which it probably has.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Created by a DEAR OLD GRANNY - Please change this comment when editing this page. Do NOT delete this tag too soon.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
Megan is complaining to Hairbun about her easy access to infuriating national news stories and bad opinions and worries that it may be having a negative effect on her. Hairbun sarcastically tells Megan that things were different in her time, stating that access to infuriating national news stories and bad opinions required only a tiny bit more time during a morning routine. Megan counters this idea and says that while it is true they also had much more local news mixed in and that there were no bad opinions. Hairbun agrees with Megan on the former and suspiciously suggests that Megan not check the latter.
|This transcript is incomplete. Please help editing it! Thanks.|
- [Megan, looking on a smartphone in her hand, and Hairbun are standing together and talk.]
- Megan: Every morning, before my eyes even focus all the way, I read a bunch of infuriating national news stories and bad opinions. I wonder what this is doing to my brain.
- Megan: It's probably not great.
- [Zoom in to the head of Hairbun.]
- Hairbun: Back in my day, we had to pay people to print out infuriating news stories and bring them to our door. And we waited until we had stumbled out to the kitchen to read them.
- Hairbun: Totally different.
- [Frameless panel, zoom out on both while Megan has lowered her hand holding the phone.]
- Megan: OK, fair. But newspapers at least had more local news mixed in, right?
- Hairbun: Yeah, true.
- Megan: I bet they weren't full of bad opinions.
- Hairbun: Yyyyyes.
- Hairbun: All our opinions were good. It was a remarkable time.
- Hairbun: Please don't go check.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!