Title text: The same goes for the one where you're wrestling the Green Ranger in the swimming pool full of Crisco. You guys all have that dream, right? It's not just me. Right?
Students often dream they have assessments they have forgotten about that are due in a very short time period. This comic suggests these dreams continue well after graduation.
The title text refers to the Green Ranger from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Or, indeed, any of the many Power Rangers rehashes with a green ranger. Crisco is a brand of vegetable shortening (about as ubiquitous as "Kleenex") that has been referenced as a sexual lubricant in this comic before. The idea is Randall has a very odd recurring dream, and wants reassurance that he is not the only one.
- [A teacher speaks in a crowded classroom, one of the students seems confused.]
- Teacher: Your projects are due today by 5:00 PM.
- Cueball: ...I didn't even know we had one.
- Cueball: Wait. I don't think I've been attending. I must have forgotten I had this class. Shitshitshit.
- Cueball: Okay, I'm gonna fail. Will it hold me back? I just want to get out of here. I thought I had finished my requirements already.
- Cueball: In fact, I think I remember graduating. What the hell is—
- [Scene fades to Cueball waking up.]
- Fun Fact: Decades from now, with school a distant memory, you'll still be having this dream.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
The project dream is so true. To this day I have dreams where I signed up but didn't even attend a class that was necessary for graduation. I dream that I'll likely fail the course and need to attend one more semester. Cflare (talk) 17:15, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
There are studies that people successfully passing tests/exams have this dreams way more often. Often also something in the lines of every achievement after college would be nullified when it came out that the testresult was not correct. 188.8.131.52 10:12, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
I had the dream of fighting the green ranger (The original one) in Crisco once, it was weird, and I do not know how or why I had that dream.
-Swaphero184.108.40.206 02:15, 2 July 2016 (UTC)
I graduated 15 years ago and I still have annoying dreams that I can't remember which locker was mine. - 220.127.116.11 19:22, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
Same here. Graduated long ago, still have this nightmare from time to time. (not the "green monster" though) Why? Are we really part of a computer game? 18.104.22.168 03:48, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
Yep, I have the same dream, graduated 8 years ago. I've self-diagnosed thi
I have this dream where I'm stranded on a random planet and start counting rocks and placing them in neat little piles. By the time I wake up, I've normally got over half a million rocks.
- How long do you sleep? --Jlc (talk) 02:54, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- Most likely their brain skips placing most of the rocks, but they don't realise because it's a dream and dreams are weird. Beanie (talk) 14:04, 31 March 2021 (UTC)
Yep, I have the same dream, at least 4-5 times a year, graduated 8 years ago. I've thought this has something to do with procrastinating and not dealing with something I feel like I should be dealing with (comes up more often when this is the case).--Iyhuvgug61 (talk) 08:56, 1 August 2019 (UTC)