Title text: Eventually a UN is set up. And then a lone rebel runs down the line of flags in front of it, runs back to his base, and gets a kajillion points.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
Capture the flag (CTF) is a common way of playing games where the objective is to capture the opponent's flag, while protecting your own team's flag. This comic describes a CTF server where peace has been established, and no one is trying to capture each other's flags, therefore making the game pointless.
The title text refers to the line of flags common in front of UN buildings, where the flags of all the teams has been gathered. One could then quickly capture all the flags and reach a very high score. A kajillion is slang for "an unspecified large number" of something.
LIATE is an acronym sometimes used when integrating "by parts". The preferred part to integrate is "Logarithmic, Inverse-trig, Algebraic, Trig, Exponential. Yarbis is a Turkish name, but may be an error for Yarbus, a Russian psychologist who investigated how the eyes scan faces and other things (thus the borders were set according by looking around).
- [Two people stand on a hill overlooking a great city. Between them and the city stands an embassy flying a red flag.]
- Three years ago, the kingdom of Liate overthrew their old order and established a constitutional monarchy. Our leaders signed a treaty with their queen, and our borders were set by the Yabris Accords.
- Many said war would be unending, that peace would always be a dream deferred. But today, our flag flies proudly over our embassy in their kingdom, and they walk our lands without fear.
- So come, traveller. Lay down your grudges and join us in brotherhood. It is time not to fight, but to live.
- [Cueball sitting at computer.]
- Cueball: This is the worst capture-the-flag server ever.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!