Title text: Can't and shouldn't.
"Could not reproduce" is used here as a double entendre. Because the reported bug is that speech recognition failed on a young child's voice, the programmers attempt to reproduce (biologically) in order to have a child to use as a test subject to understand and fix the bug, starting by reproducing it (the bug). However the attempt fails, as shown by the negative pregnancy test, and therefore the bug report is closed with the reason being "could not reproduce": they could not reproduce the bug because they could not reproduce biologically.
This reason also shows up in comic 937: TornadoGuard.
The title-text "Can't and shouldn't" qualifies the bug report, meaning that the programmers not only could not reproduce, they also should not reproduce given their unacceptable motive as well as poor child-rearing skills (demonstrated in comic 674: Natural Parenting).
- [Megan is sitting at a computer.]
- Speech2Text Commander
- Bug #167801
- Speech recognition fails on young child voices.
- Megan: Hmm.
- [The view enlarges to show a man sitting at another desk.]
- Megan: Hey, can you do me without a condom? We need a young child for something.
- Cueball: Okay.
- [A pregnancy test is displayed. The label indicates not pregnant.]
- [The woman is at the computer again.]
- Bug #167801
- Status: Closed
- Reason: Could not reproduce.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!