Title text: "Upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Flash player to view THIS content, bitch." ::triggers detonator::
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: No explanation of the caption: "Probability of phrases becoming action movie one liners" or why each of the "one liners" would belong to that end of the likelihood range. What does "to carry the two" mean? Title text not explained properly - what is this detonator reference? - Is this also a on-liner? And if so on which end of the scale would it belong (Least likely)?|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
- Panel 1, The Memory hole is a mechanism for redacting documents, photographs, etc., and a reference to George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- In panel 2, Cueball is pointing out an arithmetic error in his opponent's calculations, or pretending to in order to distract him.
- The Federal Reserve System, usually referred to as The Fed, is the central banking system in the United States. Interest rates are usually lowered during a recession or a crisis.
- Many people will agree to a website or software's Terms of service without reading all of it.
- In the final panel, Bangarang is, among other things, the Jamaican word for "uproar." It was popularized as the cheer of the lost boys in the film Hook.
The title text refers to an update reminder that frequently pops up when one attempts to view Adobe Flash content on a webpage, which many people find frustrating. This sentence is, amusingly, far too overly wordy to serve as an effective one-liner.
- Probability of phrases becoming action movie one liners:
- [Panels are arranged from More Likely on the left to Less likely on the right.]
- [A woman points a gun down at a man who is on the floor, his gun just out of reach.]
- Woman: You're going down the memory hole now, asshole.
- [Man on ground points gun up at blade-armed man standing next to a board with science on it.]
- Man with gun: Hey! You forgot to carry the two.
- [Woman on desk points sword at man standing on floor.]
- Woman: Looks like the Fed just lowered the interest rate.
- [Man with gun looks down at woman slumped on floor.]
- Man: Guess you should've scrolled all the way to the bottom before clicking "Agree."
- [Woman holds pistol to the back of the head of another woman holding a rifle.]
- Woman with pistol: Bangarang, motherfucker.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!