Guacamole = 7-layer dip ingredient 188.8.131.52 05:08, 5 September 2014 (UTC)Anonymous XKCD reader
Seventh Seal more likely to be a reference to Book of Revelation (I think he's brought it up before?) or the film? 184.108.40.206 05:17, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
Arctic Ocean is one of the modern Seven "Seas" of the world. Green is the 4th color of seven in the Arthur Hamilton song "I Can Sing a Rainbow".
I guess the title text is a play on the fact that the dwarves in the new Snow White (2001) movie are called Monday, Tuesday, ... That is the connection between Snow White dwarves and days of the week. The filmmakers decided to intermix sets of seven in the first place. Sebastian --220.127.116.11 06:27, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
There could be a pattern with order.
- Sneezy: 1st dwarf of the seven dwarves in Snow White.
- Phylum: 2nd rank in the Seven Taxonomic Ranks
- Europe: 3rd continent of the world
- The list on the page needs to be fixed to show Europe third. --18.104.22.168 11:15, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- Sloth: 4th sin of the Seven Deadly Sin
- Guacamole: 5th Layer in a 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Data Link: 6th Layer in the OSI Model
- Collosus of Rhodes: 7th Wonder of the Ancient World
- Monday: 1st Day of the Week (American).
- Arctic: 2nd ocean in the modern Seven "Seas" of the world.
- Wellesley: 3rd college of the Seven Sister colleges
- Green: 4th color in the Arthur Hamilton song "I Can Sing a Rainbow".
- Electra: 5th sister of the Pleiades, the Seven Sisters.
- Synergize: 6th Habit in the Stephen R. Covey self-help book "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People".
- Seventh Seal: 7th Seal of the Seven Seals in the Book of Revelations
The Pleiades is Randall's favorite constellation. 22.214.171.124 08:40, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
It sure is nice seeing the explanation getting more refined and complete every time I visit... 126.96.36.199 10:37, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
I've always been told there are only six continents. North America and South America are one continent. The seventh continent sometimes refers to this gigantic area filled with plastic rubbish in the Pacific Ocean. 188.8.131.52 11:47, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
Guacamole may also be a reference to a famous joke which made the rounds about 15 years ago, where somebody had compared the 7 layers of the OSI network model to Taco Bell's 7-layer burrito. Guacamole was the 5th layer, which lends credence to this idea. It's still available on the WayBack Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/19990826193318/http://www.europa.com/~dogman/osi/ 184.108.40.206 11:59, 5 September 2014 (UTC)