Hello everybody! You can talk to me here!
Many new categories
I noticed you have added some new categories for instance Category:Spreadsheets, Category:Sketches and Category:How To .
If you must make new categories please remember to add a category to that comic, for instance by topic which I have added to the first two. Found them through Special:UncategorizedCategories. I also found a category there that I made my self so... ;-)
But the question is if you are making too many? There are only four comics in the last two categories. And we where two who discussed making the book promotion category and made that before you made the how to category. They more or less take on the same comics, but the one we created is more general.
There are no rules but I would say that 4 is below the minimum for a new category just based on a topic. (Of course if it is a series of comics then two is enough).
Please consider this before making any more categories. I would delete the sketch and the How To category if I could. But I do not have permission to delete pages. But they could be emptied again...
But great you are working on improving the content and welcome to explain xkcd. --Kynde (talk) 09:07, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Kynde!
- Thanks for the advice on creation of categories.
- A few questions (I'm pretty new here):
- First of all, what would you say is the normal minimum for a new category? Is it 5? 7? 10?
- With regard to series, what defines those? Do they have to have the same name, with numbers on the end? Or do they just have to have the same setting or characters (e.g. Code Quality's latest addition)? Are the "Beret Guy's business" comics a series? What's the cutoff?
- Many thanks, from Account (talk) 19:02, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
Undid emptying of FernGully category
If you think the existence of Category:FernGully somehow isn't justified, then could you please open a discussion on the matter so that community consensus can be established? Promethean (talk) 04:15, 21 November 2019 (UTC)