4: Landscape (sketch)
|4: Landscape (sketch)|
Title text: There's a river flowing through the ocean
The early comics sometimes do not present a particular point, but are just pictures drawn by Randall.
There is a joke in the title text that a river, made of water, is flowing through the ocean, which is also made of water.
It is also worth noting that the sketch, when flipped vertically, maintains the appearance of having the sea on the bottom and sky on top, although the setting sun is on the wrong part of the horizon.
See the flipped sketch.
- [A sketch of a landscape with sun on the horizon. There is text from the checkered paper at the top:]
- From page no.__
- This was the 2nd comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- The previous was 7: Girl sleeping (Sketch -- 11th grade Spanish class).
- The next was 3: Island (sketch).
- Original title: "Landscape"
- Original Randall quote: "Don't ask me why there's a river running through the ocean. Please."
- This was one of the thirteen first comics posted to LiveJournal within 12 minutes on Friday September 30, 2005.
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- It was posted along with all 41 comics posted before that on LiveJournal as well as a few others.
- The latter explaining why the numbers of these 41 LiveJournal comics ranges from 1-44.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!