Title text: 'The Return of the Boomerang' would make a great movie title.
The comic appears to be a reference to 475: Further Boomerang Difficulties, which had a man throwing a boomerang that never returned. Cueball shoots an arrow off with a bow and a boomerang returns to him. This confounds him. As it was also a Cueball that threw the boomerang in the other comic, this may be the same Cueball that now finally has his boomerang return to him after a long time (464 comics later). This would really freak him out then.
The title text is a pun on how boomerangs always come back, along with how "The Return of X" is often used for movie names.
Boomerangs also became a main theme in the interactive comic 1350: Lorenz.
- [Cueball stands with a bow and arrow drawn tightly, aiming off-screen.]
- [He fires the arrow, it disappears offscreen. The bowstring vibrates for effect.]
- [He stands holding the bow by their side, watching the arrow fly away.]
- [A boomerang flies on-screen, coming from the direction the arrow was fired. Cueball reaches up to catch the boomerang.]
- [Cueball is now holding the boomerang, staring at it with confusion.]
- Part of this comic and 475: Further Boomerang Difficulties is the picture for the Brick Joke page on TV Tropes.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!