104: Find You
Title text: I'm like the Terminator, except with love!
This comic depicts Cueball on a rope in a cavern. The text indicates that one of his loved ones used to be afraid of being taken away from him and being forgotten. It is not explicitly made clear whether the loved one in question is a woman with whom he is in love, a family member, or a relation of some other kind, but presumably the loved one is either his girlfriend or wife.
Cueball had promised that he would always come looking for her. But then she actually was taken from him. He reiterates that he was serious about his promise and that he hopes she is not afraid, because he's coming to find her.
It's not clear exactly in what manner his loved one was taken from him, only that she was torn from his arms and vanished from this world. Though there are many other possible interpretations, this might be read to indicate that she has died and that Cueball is descending a cavern in search of the underworld where she has been taken.
It's also not completely clear whether Cueball is descending the rope or climbing it.
The title text plays on a quote from the 1984 film The Terminator, in which Kyle Reese describes the Terminator to Sarah Connor: "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." The implication is that Cueball, motivated by love, can't be persuaded to stop looking for his loved one by any means, and that he will never stop looking until he finds her.
- [The panel is black with rough-edged white passages running down through it. A stick figure is holding onto a rope, dangling down one of these passages. White text is in the black sections.]
- You were afraid that you would disappear, that you would be lost and forgotten.
- I held you tight against the dark and said that I would always come for you.
- Then one day it happened. You were torn from my arms and vanished from this world.
- Maybe you don't remember my promise. But I meant every word.
- I hope you're not afraid, wherever you are.
- You don't need to be.
- I'm not.
- I will find you.
There is a fan made animated version of this comic.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!