1081: Argument Victory
Title text: Really, the comforting side in most conspiracy theory arguments is the one claiming that anyone who's in power has any plan at all.
In this comic, Cueball is arguing on the internet via his phone with Hairy on his laptop. They appear to be arguing about some conspiracy theory. Since these arguments are interminable, Cueball "wins" the argument by going down a waterslide (carrying his phone, which doesn't seem like a great idea since the phone could get wet). In doing so, he willfully abandons trying to change the Hairy's mind to go have fun instead, while Hairy is still at his computer, trying to win an Internet argument.
The point here is that sometimes the battle isn't worth fighting. Cueball didn't really win the debate, but he's certainly having a lot more fun.
- Cueball: I can't believe you're so wrong. I'm backed by Snopes, Wikipedia, and a half-dozen journals. You're citing .net pages with black backgrounds and like 20 fonts each.
- Man: It's sad how you buy into the official story so unquestioningly. Guess some people prefer to stay asleep.
- Cueball: Watch closely - I'm about to win this argument.
- Man: responding electronically: how?
- Cueball: By going down a waterslide.
- [The person is sitting at the very top of a waterslide preparing to descend]
- Man: So? what does that prove?
- Cueball: Wheeee..
- Man: You didn't win the argument!
- Cueball: ...eeee
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!