Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Nerdiness and science often go hand-in-hand, but Randall feels that a lot of his nerdiness was actually influenced by his mother. If Randall really had this random math-based rule during his childhood, as the title text implies, he would only have been allowed a snack in his room before bed at ages: (2), 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, (20 and 23).
- My dad was always the one who taught me about science, but looking back, I'm starting to realize how much my nerdiness was influenced by my mom.
- [A woman and a child are talking.]
- Child: Mom, can I have a snack in my room before bed?
- Mom: No, Dear. You know you only get that privilege when your age is one less than a multiple of three.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
Hm, how can we know, really, if it's Randall or Cueball speaking? –St.nerol (talk) 20:19, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
It's Randall. I was there. Spotlouise (talk) 16:13, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure that Cueball is basically just an abstraction of Randall. Black Hat, too, at times. Odd that no one seems to notice. Daddy (talk) 15:43, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- Everyone knows it; it'd be impossible for Randall to not put himself in the comic. However, the title text is always Randall, so that implies that the stick figure is definitely Randall. 184.108.40.206 00:07, 16 August 2013 (UTC) I should probably join... I'd be able to stop displaying my IP
- I feel like most of the characters are at least sometimes abstractions of Randall. I mean almost always Cueball is. But I think the other characters can be aspects of him sometimes. Black Hat, Beret Guy, he'll sometimes even White Hat and Megan. Although they usually represent other things, if anything at all. But sometimes. 220.127.116.11 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
Based on the title text Randall had probably just turned 6, so there would be two years until he next could have a snack - and the mother probably believed that he would have forgotten such a rule by then (alas that was clearly not the case... :-) Kynde
) 20:27, 12 December 2013 (UTC)