1: Barrel - Part 1
|1: Barrel - Part 1|
Title text: Don't we all.
[Quote from Randall] "He's fairly upbeat about the situation!"
This comic is mocking the optimism of people in a satirical way. The boy in the barrel has nothing to eat, drink or no way or sustenance. Yet he only wonders 'I wonders where I will go next?' Munroe also makes an oblique reference to how we often become so much more optimistic even in our lives
This is the first in a five-part series of comics whose parts were randomly published during the first several dozen strips. The series features a character that is not consistent with what would quickly become the xkcd stick figure style. The character is in a barrel. The full series is:
- [A boy sits in a barrel which is floating in an ocean.]
- Boy: "i wonder where i'll float next?"
- [The barrel drifts into the distance. Nothing else can be seen.]
- "First" Xkcd drawing
- Originally posted at Randall's livejournal site.
- View archive at: http://liveweb.archive.org/http://xkcd-drawings.livejournal.com/?skip=40
- This is the fifth comic posted on livejournal. The previous comic is xkcd 2. The next comic is xkcd 24
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!