231: Cat Proximity
Title text: Yes you are! And you're sitting there! Hi, kitty!
This comic refers to the use of "baby talk" when speaking to pets. A person's voice becomes falsetto and cooing, vocabulary becomes simplified, and phrases are repeated, such as "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty". The chart shows that a person's apparent intelligence decreases, and the inanity of their statements increases, the closer they get to a cat.
- [A graph is drawn, x-axis: "human proximity to cat" from far to near.]
- [A curve labeled intelligence veering downwards.]
- [A curve labeled inanity of statements veering upwards.]
- [Cueball standing far from a kitten.]
- [Cueball standing closer to a kitten.]
- [Cueball standing next to a kitten.]
- Cueball: You're a kitty!