explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
|| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect. If you see a way to improve it, edit it! Thanks.
is presenting just another painting he did on Graph paper
in the past. So the early version was just on a paper printed with fine lines making up a regular grid. That paper was white.
He did state: "Original drawing is pencil on graph paper. Bonus points if you can identify the flowers. 'cause I sure can't."
So he even does not know what kind of flowers he has drawn because they are just a product of his mind, far beyond of any biological reality.
And more clearly for the title text: He did paint this picture on a white paper and later he did convert this to a black paper showing white lines on it. After that he did add some colors to the flowers.
- [A sketch of flowers, drawn in red and green.]
add a comment!
- This is the 30'th comic posted to livejournal. The previous was 30: Donner. The next was 29: Hitler.
Instructions for photoshop editing is quite irrelevant here, I think. The comic itself is just a drawing of flowers, and hardly needs much explanation (if any). –St.nerol
) 18:21, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
- Correct. I'm working on this comic because you did not;)--Dgbrt (talk) 22:38, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- Shit, shit, shit... as Randall would say, but finally I could upload my edit. It's still not complete.--Dgbrt (talk) 00:54, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- As I remember it, I removed the "explanation" that was, which wasn't popular. So I just let it be... ––St.nerol (talk) 10:23, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Check the history, your edit was reverted. When you have problems with some pages do not only tell us what's wrong, just try to give an better explanation. Without a new solution these discussions are meaningless. Everybody is doing mistakes, but the magical word is UPDATE not DELETE.--Dgbrt (talk) 13:56, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know it was reverted, that's what I meant. I will improve stuff when I have time and knowledge to do so. Sometimes I will also delete stuff. It's a balance to strike, and often quick decisions, but my intention is always to make the wiki better. ––St.nerol (talk) 22:18, 11 June 2013 (UTC)