Title text: My Redwall/Jurassic Park crossover fanfic is almost complete!
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Reads like a transcript in some places..|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
The second panel mentions the fact that Redwall mentions the name of Satan 4 times while it never mentions God or Jesus. Randall then points out that people who protest against Harry Potter because of the series witchcraft, should take note that Redwall explicitly mentions Satan although it has little to none negative feedback from more conservative readers.
In the third panel, Randall comments on Redwall's often used theme of critical messages being left in riddles throughout the Abbey for the occupants to find when they are in need. Randall suggests that he would use PGP encryption to hide the messages, instead of the elaborate riddles used in the books.
In the title text Randall jokes that he is making a crossover Fan Fiction with Redwall and Jurassic Park.
- Notes from reading Redwall books for the first time since childhood.
- Some of this feels familiar.
- Aragorn: Hi, I'm Aragorn.
- Martin: I'm Martin.
- Aragorn and Martin: I'm here to reforge my broken sword so I can lead an army against the tyrant threatening my people. I live in a world of moral absolutes and racist undertones.
- Martin: Jinx!
- It startled me when characters mentioned Satan.
- Redwall: "By Satan's whiskers..."
- Redwall mentions God, Jesus 0 times.
- Redwall mentions Satan, The Devil 4 times.
- Harry Potter protesters, take note.
- Even as a kid this bothered me: Why does everyone leave critical secret messages as simple riddles? It's silly to assume the intended recipient will be the only one to find and solve them. I would do things differently.
- Mouse: The inscription is a message from Martin!
- Old Mouse: What does it say?
- Mouse: Hang on, it's encrypted with my public key.