Title text: P.P.S. I can kill you with my brain.
This is yet another xkcd comic referencing Firefly, but it's not so much about Firefly itself as about Summer Glau. Summer Glau is an American actress best known for playing River Tam in Firefly and Serenity, as well as Cameron in the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles series.
Cueball claims that he gives a long and seemingly well-researched comments on stupid blogs, just to let out his anger. This is followed by a particular long comment by Cueball in which at first, he becomes what is known over internet as 'Grammar Nazi'. Then, he proceeds to rip apart the blogger by citing his/her historical and political ignorance. He signs his comment as 'Summer Glau', after which he reminds the blogger to watch the next season of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles series, in which Summer act as Cameron.
The title text refers to the famous dialogue from Firefly (Episode 11: Trash).
- When I need to blow off steam, I find a particularly stupid blog comment and reply with an exhaustively researched word-by-word rebuttal, which I sign 'Summer Glau'.
- Cueball: In conclusion, on examining the above post by CrackMonkey74, after carefully working my way through the haze of spelling errors (documented in section 3), abuse of capitalization (section 4), and general crimes against grammar and syntax (sections 7-8), I have demonstrated that, beneath it all, the work betrays the author's staggering ignorance of the history and the workings of our electoral system. While the author's wildly swerving train of thought did at one point flirt with coherence, this brief encounter was more likely a chance event (see statistical analysis in table 5) than a result of even rudimentary lucidity.
- -Summer Glau
- P.S. Don't forget to check out the next season of the Sarah Connor Chronicles this fall on Fox!
- Cueball's statement has been widely reused by many bloggers after the release of this comic.
- The name crackmonkey74 also appears in 202: YouTube as one of the clueless YouTube commentators.