Title text: DUCKLOOP'D?
The comic shows an elaborate, albeit useless, plan. The mother and her ducklings will always walk in a line. The ducklings will either follow their mother, or the duckling in front of them.
Cueball scares the mother duck, so she starts running away, her children following her in a line. Then Megan snatches the mother duck, leaving the first duckling to start following the last duckling, causing the ducklings to walk in a loop. Hence the caption at the end - "Operation: Duckling Loop."
This behavior occurs naturally in real life with creatures that are less smart than ducks, such as ants (the phenomenon is called an ant mill).
- [A mother duck and her ducklings.]
- Megan: Ready?
- Cueball: Ready.
- [The duck and ducklings move.]
- Cueball: ROAR! BOO!
- [The mother duck is frightened, and turns back. Her children follow.]
- [Megan snatches the duck with a yoink.]
- Duck: QUACK!
- [The ducklings are now trapped in a circle of sorts.]
- OPERATION: DUCKLING LOOP
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!