Title text: Surrounded by boring mysteries.
Cueball then proceeds to clear a window into the interior of the device, which shows him that there's a little girl inside the device, whose job is being the stylus for the Etch-a-Sketch. She suggest that they be friends, and little hearts pop up.
We then proceed to see that this was just a fantasy, and that in fact, the drawings get drawn by a stylus moving on two rods inside the Etch-a-Sketch. Sighing, Cueball proceeds to shake the Etch-a-Sketch, to draw something else.
The title text notes that the mysteries surrounding us are much more boring than we dream they are.
- Cueball: Hey. If I draw enough lines, I can see what's behind the screen.
- Cueball: Oh man, almost...
- Etch-a-Sketch: Hi!
- [Head of Megan appears behind etch-a-sketch.]
- Megan: You're cute!
- Cueball: Wha-
- Megan: I'm the one who draws when you turn the knobs.
- Megan: It's lonely in here.
- Cueball: It's lonely out here too.
- Megan: I'm glad you found me, then!
- Megan: Let's be friends.
- Megan: And never be lonely again.
- [Panels break apart into thought bubbles coming from Cueball as he sits with his etch-a-sketch.]
- Cueball: *sigh*
- [Etch-a-sketch shows what is behind the glass; it is just the mechanics of the machine.]
- [Cueball shakes etch-a-sketch.]