Title text: The same goes for the one where you're wrestling the Green Ranger in the swimming pool full of Crisco. You guys all have that dream, right? It's not just me. Right?
Students often dream they have assessments they have forgotten about that are due in a very short time period, leaving no time to complete the assignment, and thus filling them with the feeling of impending failure. The panic and helplessness of being unable to complete the work in time only subsides whe the dreamer wakes from the 'nightmare', although sometimes they wake to reality where there actually is a looming deadline.
This comic suggests these dreams continue well after graduation, although there may be a nagging feeling that "I thought I completed everything and graduated".
The title text refers to the Green Ranger from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Or, indeed, any of the many Power Rangers rehashes with a green ranger. Crisco is a brand of vegetable shortening (about as ubiquitous as "Kleenex") that has been referenced as a sexual lubricant in this comic before. The idea is Randall has a very odd recurring dream, and wants reassurance that he is not the only one.
- [A teacher speaks in a crowded classroom, one of the students seems confused.]
- Teacher: Your projects are due today by 5:00 PM.
- Cueball: ...I didn't even know we had one.
- Cueball: Wait. I don't think I've been attending. I must have forgotten I had this class. Shitshitshit.
- Cueball: Okay, I'm gonna fail. Will it hold me back? I just want to get out of here. I thought I had finished my requirements already.
- Cueball: In fact, I think I remember graduating. What the hell is—
- [Scene fades to Cueball waking up.]
- Fun Fact: Decades from now, with school a distant memory, you'll still be having this dream.